The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Monday, December 27

Baby Number 3...

So I realized a while ago that I hadn't been posting much about the baby or pregnancy. Pregnancy-wise, things are great. I've got a nice bump, and I love it. I'm eating great, the heartburn has calmed down the last month (yay!!) and I can sleep comfortably at night. Really, you can't ask for too much more than that.

We still haven't settled on a name yet. We have a short list that's more or less constantly changing, and our number 1 name changes pretty regularly too. But we'll pick one.

Moose has felt the baby kick multiple times now. I love how aware he is of her and what's going to happen. He understood when Monkey was born almost 2 years ago (he was almost 3 at the time), so there's no doubt in my mind he's fully comprehending what's coming. Although me and him can't agree on any names. :)

The hubs is already prepping to take work off. He has to put in paperwork to get a substitute for his classes. He's going to take 3 weeks off! :) He took none off with Moose, and wasn't really working formally when Monkey was born, so he took none off then. So this should be pretty interesting. And the due date is at the end of his spring break. So we'll basically have him for 4 weeks. My mom will be here for 2 weeks, hopefully getting here before she comes. (Unless she's a week early, which is still okay with me.)

It's hard to believe how fast the time has gone. The first pregnancy was completely all-consuming. I thought about it every minute of every day. I was constantly internet searching, reading, and more or less counting down every day.  With Monkey's pregnancy it was slightly less so. I was busy taking care of Moose and my other daycare kid. I was more familiar with what was going on (pregnancy wise, not delivery wise. He was a c-section, so I had a bit of prepping to do for my VBAC.)  But with this one, I'm so busy with 2 kids and everything that entails, that half the time I don't think at all about the fact that I'm pregnant. The baby doesn't move a ton during the day. She's a night owl. I'm sure as she gets bigger and makes her presence all the more known, it'll be harder to ignore her. But it's really just another thing on the day's list. In a way it's great, because the pregnancy goes by faster. I'm about to take a glucose test to see if I've got gestational diabetes, and after that I'm visiting the doc every 2 weeks. I can't believe I'm at that point already. It's nuts. This Friday I'll be 27 weeks. Once you hit 30 it seems like it starts to wind down really fast and everyone starts anticipating the baby's arrival. I feel like that's so far away, but I know that the new year is going to go by so fast. We're a somewhat busy family, and time just seems to fly. I hope I'll feel really ready by the time she's coming.

So that's Baby Number 3. Eventually she'll have a name. Although I suppose I won't post it here, as part of my agreement with the hubs. I guess she'll end up with another nickname. Perhaps it should start with an M?

Any suggestions??

No comments:

Post a Comment