The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Wednesday, December 22

Ouch...

This morning I woke up and the kids were up playing with the hubs. So I sat down on the floor and started playing. Monkey found this dragon toy we got at McDonalds. It has fire that goes in the mouth, and when you pull the tail the fire comes out. But she can't figure that part out. So she points to the fire and grunts or whines. I saw this going on and told her to bring it to me and I would help her. So she started walking towards me, and then a few feet infront of me she threw it at me. It hit me square in the nose.

I thought I might be bleeding or something. Luckily the toy isn't that heavy. But it still stung like crazy and I felt silly for crying, but I couldn't help it. The hubs rushed over and gave me some space while I worked through the sting. Moose was very sympathetic, which was cute. After I was alright, I tried talking to her about it and told her she gave me an owie. (A concept she understands for the most part.) She seemed slightly sad (or maybe intrigued) for a while. A few times during the morning she came up and would touch my nose very softly.

Hopefully that'll be the first, and last time for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment