The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Tuesday, December 14

I want to scream at Mama...

Despite the heading, today was a good day. We used some alternative tactics to get Monkey to sleep last night. She was really struggling with the cough. She just hates coughing when it's time to be sleeping and gets so frustrated. So the hubs propped himself up in bed, and got her to lay with him. Then when she was comfortable and sleeping, we made a small pillow pile between us in our bed and laid her on it so she would be propped up. We tried propping up her mattress, but she still moves so much I was worried she'd spend half the night with her feet where her head should be, making her cough worse.  But nestled between the two of us she didn't squirm nearly as much, and she was probably so tired that helped too.  So she slept in our bed til around 2 or 3 when I took her to her own bed. (At her own insistence. The hubs was going to carry her and she asked for me. Half-asleep at 2 am and she still prefers me. Go figure.)

Today was significantly better. She slept in til 7:20 and took a nap from 12:30 til 3:30 without crying or coughing at all. It was miraculous. And she just went to bed and I have yet to hear her cough. That doesn't mean she won't, but the progress is fantastic compared to the last few days. I'm hoping she'll be over it within a day or two as long as she can keep sleeping this well.

So, the title. I sang her songs and told her good night. When I shut the door she started crying and screaming. After a minute or so she got up and opened the door. The hubs was the one who went in there and once she saw him she started crying, "Mama!" I thought to myself, "What? You'd rather scream at me, and not him?" I know she's clingy about me still but sometimes it just makes me laugh. Like the occasional time when she walks out into the living room and if he starts to walk towards her she starts crying "Mama" and running away from him. It's kinda cute, but tiresome after the first few times.

Yay for kids getting better. We ended up not having preschool today. With Monkey sick, another kid's brother was sick and in the end you have to have more than 2 kids, so it just ended up falling through. But I'm truly surprised we've gone this long with a group of 5 kids without having it cancelled due to sickness.

Well, she's crying now (5 minutes after I started this post) but it's not due to coughing. I guess that can be counted as progress, right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment