The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Monday, September 6

Can you say...

So today I was running through some of Monkey's word, just for fun. For no good reason, I decided to ask her if she could say "mama" which she never does. To the surprise of me and the hubs, she whipped out a cute little "mama" just for me. 3 times. It was so cute. Each time she said it we would clap and cheer. I was tempted to give her a treat too, just to make the memory sweet and strong. It was so nice to finally hear her say, of her own free will and desire, a nice "mama" without yelling, and knowing that she was saying it to me.

Kids sure do take their sweet time, and who knows how long it will take before she actually says it to us, to get our attention, or anything like that. But she'll get there. And when she does, I'll be ready and waiting to cheer and clap her on.

No comments:

Post a Comment