The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Friday, September 24

Football Game...

So tonight we had a family outing, which is semi-rare. All four of us (4 1/3) went out to eat, (Taco Bell. Simple, but it's been like 2 years. I loved it even though I was burping chalupa through the entire first quarter.) and then went to the hub's school football game. It was actually an interesting game. Our city has only had one high school for a long time, but about 5 or so years ago built a new one. The hubs works at the new one, not his alma mater. But tonight, the new school played the alma mater. It was a sea of green and orange. Awesome. Anyhow, we took the kids, who have never been to a football game before. On the way to the stadium, the marching band from the home team (the rival, aka the hub's alma mater) was marching over, since it's close to the school. So we got to watch them in action and hear the awesome music. Moose and I watched and listened, pointing out instruments and naming them. Then, when the game was getting ready, we saw 4 sky divers parachute down. He loved that. It was really pretty cool. Once the game got started, and we sorted out which team was which, and which one we were rooting for, I was able to sit with Moose and explain to him the basics of football. I was enjoying it so much. I'm not a huge sports person, but I'm an athlete and love a good game. I know the basics and think my football knowledge is decent. So I talked with him about how the game works and what the players were doing. It wasn't too long before there was a touchdown and he liked that part.

It was really so much fun. Monkey had a blast crawling around and dancing to the music. At one point she realized she could yell and we wouldn't stop her, so she yelled non-stop for like 30 seconds. I thought it was absolutely hilarious and couldn't stop laughing. What an awesome family outing. We had such a blast, and we decided it was definitely worth the cost.

Taco Bell: 9$
Football tickets: 5$ (Gotta love teachers getting in free!)
Teaching my son about Football: Priceless

PS baby 3 is now a 3-inch shrimp :)

No comments:

Post a Comment