The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Tuesday, September 7

Play dates...

Today we went to storytime at the library. There is a sweet family who goes too. They have 2 girls, one a bit younger than Moose, and the other a bit older than Monkey. (Although Monkey's the same height.) Last week, we all got to talking and Moose wanted to play at their house. We've had many a discussion about how we don't invite ourselves to people's homes, but they have to invite us. By the time we got home, Moose had finally worked things out in his brain and asked me, "Can we invite them to our house?" I said that was fine, and so he wanted to do it right that moment. But not having their phone number, and only seeing them at storytime, I told him we'd have to wait. So today, he finally got to ask. I'm excited for this new play prospect, mostly because Monkey just loves their little one, and they really play and entertain each other. I'd never seen her play and entertain herself with another kid until her.

Later today, I was teaching my very first piano lesson. (Gulp!) For this first lesson, I went to their home, which meant I didn't have anywhere to take my kiddos. So for this lesson, I left them at their buddy's house (who happens to live just a few houses down from my piano student.) and let them play. The lesson was only 30 minutes, so I was back in a jiffy. Unfortunately, I learned that 30 minutes is not long enough to play at a friend's house. Normally we're there for at least 1 1/2 to 2 hours. I couldn't even bribe Monkey to the car with the promise of picking up the hubs from work, which I thought would work like a charm. No go. It was more work to get them out of there than I anticipated. (I even had to whip out Moose's middle name. Twice.)

Now I know.

1 comment:

  1. You know, I've never done the middle name thing with my kids. I think I'm worried that they won't like it because they'll associate it with being in trouble.

    ReplyDelete