The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Tuesday, September 28

Visit to the Doctor...

I had a visit with my doctor today. It had been 4 weeks, so it felt like forever since I'd been in. It was really nice. I schedule to be the last of the day (so the hubs can be home with the kids). It was completely empty and quiet. Before I got called back in, I saw a friend leaving so is having a baby boy in 2 weeks. It was so fun to see someone at the end of their journey, while I'm still at the beginning. I've finally gained some weight. In the last 4 weeks, I've gained about 2 pounds. Now that my appetite is back, I'm sure that'll continue to be the case. I'm not too worried. But I want to stay ontop of it. Everything I gain will have to be lost at some point, and it'll only be harder with 3 kiddos keeping me busy. But with my last pregnancies, the weight gain hasn't been a problem, so I'm hoping for that consistency.  We were able to hear the heartbeat loud and clear. I love that little *woosh woosh woosh*. I'm pretty much out of the woods for miscarriage, which is great. Now I can just look forward to feeling the baby move and actually looking pregnant. I've accepted the fact that I'm not showing yet. Not to anyone else but me and the hubs anyway. I can see the difference in my waistline, and I'm in maternity jeans, but there's not a bump. Not yet. I don't doubt it will come, and I'm sure I'll end up bigger than last time. I was bigger with Monkey than with Moose, even though Moose was 9 lbs, and she was only 7'7.  I look forward to the belly. I love a big pregnant belly. I like to think that I'm one of those people who wear pregnancy well. There was a lady I knew growing up who just glowed when she was pregnant and we loved when she was because she just looked beautiful. I want to be like that. I really enjoy being pregnant. I love the belly, whole deal. I hope I wear it well. :) I'm going back in 3 weeks for a routine check up. Then 3 weeks after that, we're getting the ultrasound. We haven't had one yet, and this will be the only one, since we're paying for it and they're not cheap. But it's really important for me, being a VBAC, to have an official due date and all that. If I go over, they can't induce me, so if that happens I have to have a c-section. Hopefully that won't happen, but to be safe and cautious, we have to get a date for this baby. But since we're only doing one, it has to be late enough to do all the anatomy business too. (Not just checking for the sex of the baby, but measuring body parts, etc. You can't do it too early, because some of the necessary body parts won't be visible enough yet.) So in 5 1/2 weeks! The big date is Nov. 8th. Woohoo! I can hardly believe it's so soon. I'm so excited. I told the hubs tonight that the countdown begins until we can start talking names. :) I love talking names! It ultimately ends up being that we don't pick one until he's in the mood, but that doesn't stop me from trying! :) So, that's the low down, the scoop, the skinny. So excited for our little one. Can't hardly believe we're preparing for another completely individual and distinct personality to join our family. What a change it will be. But an adventure I'm excited about, nonetheless. :)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Julie! I 'm so excited for you guys! I'm guessing it'll be a boy or a girl. Not sure which, but one or the other.

    ReplyDelete