The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Monday, September 27

Piano Lessons...

So recently I've started teaching piano lessons. I only have one student, so it's not a big time committment. But for 30 minutes every Monday, I do my best to distract the kids (the hubs is still at work at this time) and devote my attention to my one student. However, today it didn't go so hot. This is what happened.

I set Moose up with our portable DVD Player in his room and he watches a movie. Great distraction. However, Monkey isn't very good at leaving him alone. She tries to close it, sits infront of it, yanks the headphones out, etc. He had picked out a Clifford DVD that is 90 minutes. Perfect. Plenty of quiet time. However, after like 10, he came out to say it was done. Sure. I tell him to grab something else and move along. At least 3 times, I had to go back and mediate between kiddos. Mostly telling Monkey to leave him alone. Then, the last time I go back, after a short time of quiet, I find that she had gotten ahold of a marker, and had covered her hands, and got part of her face. I only found out later that she had first decorated the screen on my palm pilot and put it all over the chalkboard. (Thank goodness for water soluble markers.) Finally I got smart and put Moose in my bedroom with his movie and shut the door. Now it was just little Monkey to distract, which after that point wasn't too bad. The lesson was close to done by that point.

Then after the lesson, she proceeded to try and mark herself with 3 different marker impliments. Thankfully, the hubs gave her a nice soaping later on, since my weak attempt with the wipe only took it off her face. It was a long 30 minutes. I think I'll wise up next week by putting Moose in my room from the getgo with something that can't possibly end after 10 minutes and hide all the markers. Although I'm sure she'll just find something else. But it can't hurt to try, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment