The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Monday, September 20

Shopping Extravaganza...

With the hubs still working Sundays, and I being pregnant and all, grocery shopping has become a bit of a challenge. If I go alone with the kids, Moose is always a bit of a challenge, wandering around, trying not to touch things. Monkey is fine. She mostly sits in the cart and says "baby" on occasion when she sees a picture of one in the store. Anyhow, it's becoming more and more difficult to make big shopping trips with both kids.

Today, the hubs got his first back to school paycheck. (Can we all say "hooray!"?) We desperately needed to go grocery shopping. I had offered to go tomorrow while Moose was in pre-school. But then the groceries would likely sit in the car until later because it would be a challenge leaving Monkey in the house alone while I unload. So we decided to go together, all 4 of us.

Just picture it. The hubs with Moose in his cart. Me with Monkey in my cart. One list, dividing and conquering. We were in and out of the Super Wal-Mart in a record breaking 30 minutes, with a full two carts of groceries and select paper products. It was amazing.

The kids were rewarded with a bite of vanilla ice cream. I was rewarded with a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. (Sugary cereals are basically a sin in our house. :) I was pretty hungry since the bite of quesadilla I had for dinner mostly tasted like ash in my mouth. (Not a critique on the cooking, just on pregnancy.) But now I am amazingly renewed with sugary cinnamon goodness in my stomach and a nice big box semi-hidden on the fridge.

Cause I'm not sharing it. :)

1 comment:

  1. CTC is my fav too! I occasionally buy a box as a treat for myself and eat it by the handful right outta the box! YUMMO! :O)

    ReplyDelete