The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Sunday, September 26

Just around the corner...

So yesterday I finally felt sick, and hit the hay pretty fast. We've all been passing around a cold, which has been surprisingly mild. The kids hardly had any symptoms, just for a day. The hubs has had them for a week now, but they've been super mild. He's always the one to get really sick, but it hasn't been too bad. I got them last and have had a runny nose and finally got to coughing a few days ago. But still, it's mild and we're super grateful for that.

So it feels like the holidays are right around the corner. At least every other day, Moose is talking about what Halloween costume he's going to wear. He's gone from zombie, to robot, to spy, to the grinch, and back to a spy. Possibly with a dinosaur in there somewhere. I love his enthusiasm and have to say I'm getting pretty jazzed up for the holidays too. When he was younger, we didn't have to do much and that suited us just fine. He didn't care, and we're not huge go-get-em-celebratory-types. But now that he's aware and anticipates things, it's hard not to get a bit of his excitement.  Moose frequently talks about Halloween, and Christmas. I don't think Thanksgiving means much to him yet, and frankly it didn't mean too much to me until more recent years so I'm sure that's normal. (Not a turkey person, so it was never my fave holiday.)

It's hard to believe the summer is completely over, and (it might even be officially autumn now. Anyone know?) I just know these next few months are going to fly by. We're seeing my fam in 3 weeks, then comes Halloween, then Thanksgiving, and then the Almighty Christmas. By the time this stretch of fantastic family-filled-holidays are over, I'm going to look like my own stuffed turkey, getting ready to have a baby. Although I'm sure I won't look that stuffed til February. But who knows? They say you get bigger faster with each baby.

I guess I'm just anticipating the next few months, I love the fact that Moose is finally old enough to understand more and get in the mood of the holidays, and I'm overall just excited. It's going to be fun. I'm glad I'm past my first trimester yuckies, or I wouldn't have the energy to put into this. But I've got more energy, I'm starting to get more of an appetite, and I'm feeling motivated. 

There might even be a preschool Halloween party in the works. Nothing set in stone yet, but my wheels are spinning...

No comments:

Post a Comment