The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Wednesday, October 13

Early to Rise...

So this morning, Monkey decided to be up at 7 with Moose, which meant over 1 1/2 hours less sleep for me. (Boo!) Let's just say I was not the happiest camper ever. As I realized my own grouchiness, I decided to take a long, hot shower to cool off. (Ironic, I know.) It did the trick (possibly because during part of it, Monkey accidentally shut herself out of my bathroom, so I was actually alone.) but withint a few minutes of being out of the shower, the grouch was back. So I ate and then laid down on the couch in my robe and decided I wasn't moving. Eventually, Monkey gave up on my trying to read her books, and Moose was happily playing the computer (since his chores were done.). I was actually able to fall asleep on and off. I laid there for an hour. (More of it being spent awake, but the bits of sleep I did get did the trick.) I finally found myself feeling rested and like I can face the day.

So my moral for the day is, when your day starts out the wrong way, try again. When your first try to restart your day doesn't work, try again. Maybe the second try will work. But if it doesn't, feel free to try again. With ice cream or chocolate. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment