The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Thursday, October 7

More Preschool...

So I had my second day with the kiddos today. It turned out SO much better. I had 4 kids today, the addition is 3 1/2 and a sweetheart. I was less physically prepared, but more mentally, which completely balanced out. Monkey sleeping in til 9:45 didn't hurt either. My favorite activity was cutting out sugar cookies with my leaf shaped cutter and frosting them in brown, red, and orange in honor of our new and wonderful season. The kids had a good time, they spent significantly less time in free playtime, and I felt really good afterwards. Yay for that.

And one of the moms told me that on Tuesday on the way home, her little one told her something along the lines of "B, Bus". (B was our letter Tuesday.) So yay! Something I'm doing actually sticks. And when the hubs asked him about school today, he remembered that our letter today was "H". A good day. Glad I won't have to do this again for 5 weeks, but I ultimately had a great time.

The rest of the day was spent in recovery mode/cleaning up. Moose didn't take a nap really, so that always crimps my style just a bit. But those two crazy kids are in bed, and me and the hubs are looking forward to the remainder of our science fiction miniseries tonight. (Netflix fans!)

Maybe Monkey will sleep in again tomorrow...  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment