The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Sunday, October 24

Sunday naps...

Today was a regular Sunday. Slightly busy, but overall quite relaxing and rejuvenating. Monkey is still sleeping in til at least 9 every day. Which means on Sunday she gets woken up in order to get to church on time. I hate having to wake kids early in the morning. At leat at this age. My theory is (have I told this already? It's likely.) that kids of a certain age don't sleep more than needed. Monkey is definitely still in this category for me. But naps were great. I napped, the kids napped. It was nice.

We carved our jack-o-lantern tonight. Tomorrow will be our second annual Haunted House making. Basically graham cracker houses decorated spooky instead of like Christmas. It was a hit last year. I used orange frosting too. Then of course, they get slowly eaten for the rest of the week.

So yesterday I went to an evening event. Still feeling dirty from a potato harvesting that morning (which was quite an experience, never having done it before) I took a shower right before. This was the first time I looked at myself and said "I look pregnant." It's still not super apparent when I'm all dressed up. But to me, with a naked eye (yes, there's a pun. So bad, huh?), it's very much there. My pregnant pooch is sitting up a bit higher than usual and I'm occasionally getting sucker punched by Baby Steve. Like yesterday in the shower. I still don't get to enjoy (and I mean that, the word enjoy) the more steady movement and feeling. I'm sure that's not too far away. But every other day or so, Baby Steve makes its presence known by giving me a nice swift punch or kick. For the most part, they make me laugh. I like to think the baby is communicating something, like "Hey! Get Monkey off me!" or "Mama! The shower water is too hot!" But in the end, who knows.

This week should be super busy. I've got a cape and mask to make before Thursday, a Halloween kiddy party to get organized (especially since I left the invites home today on accident and now need to get them out asap), and finish our last minute Halloween touches. Not to mention everything else non-Halloween related that I want to get done. But everything in it's time.

That'll be the mantra this week. Not everything needs to be done right now. Everything in it's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment