The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Friday, October 15

Great news!

As I was getting ready to write a post about Monkey's wacky day of waking up too early, having a very early nap, and then being awake from 11:30-8, I found out something way better that I wanted to post.

My sweet friend from High School had her first baby this Monday. She actually named her after Monkey. Okay, not after her, but she really likes her name, and decided to use it too. (Which I am thrilled about!) And no, she's not named Monkey. :) She has had such a tough pregnancy (being sick constantly) and she's a really tiny gal, so I can only imagine how tough this has been on her body. Especially since the sweet one was a little over 8 pounds! (Seriously, my friend is teeny tiny.)

I'm so excited for her new arrival. The birth of a baby is so wonderful. It can be horrible and painful to go through, but I find in looking back on the births of my two kiddos, the pain and difficulties of childbirth are the first things to be forgotten in the long run. I can always remember difficulties of pregnancy (probably since it lasts so long), but for some reason their births (though I do remember how hard they were) don't stick in my mind as much as far as how rough they were. (And I know I might be unique in this way. But that's my experience.)

I wish I lived closer so I could see the little darling. Being a new parent is so tough. Looking back at our beginning with Moose, despite how prepared I felt, I ultimately had no clue what I was doing. He was a tough cookie, and really took it out of us. I hope your little one isn't nearly that difficult. :)

So congrats to my dear friend "Lil P" and her hubby. I hope your sweet little girl is the joy of your days and that you're more comfortable now that she's screaming at you instead of jumping on your bladder and kicking you in the ribs. :) And welcome to the world sweet lady. Your Mommy and Daddy have been waiting a long time for you and love you very much. Be nice.

1 comment: