The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Sunday, October 31

The Countdown Begins...

A week from tomorrow and we'll finally have an ultrasound. Not just to find out the sex of the baby, but just a picture. I'm so excited. Last night I was having a hard time slowing down my brain for sleep and started imagining the ultrasound and finding out we're having twins. I'm pretty sure this is highly unlikely at this point, but without ever having had an ultrasound, surprises have happened. I have absolutely no desire for twins, let's set the record straight. My bro in law has twin girls, my older sisters are twins. My mom says she loved twins and actually wanted another set. Me? I'm good with one at a time. Even if that means I'm pregnant more often. It's all good. One at a time is how I like to do it. So I think I'm definitely getting anxious to get a snapshot of this little one, and to know if I can refer to it as "he" or "she". I think I'm almost most excited about telling Moose what the baby is. It's so much fun sharing all of this with him. He's so excited.

I forgot to update back on Friday. Baby 3 is now a bell pepper. Moose is amazed at how big it is. (5 1/2 inches from head to bum) As I was holding Monkey tonight for bed, she was sitting ontop of my belly and before I laid her down, Baby 3 made its presence known. It's still somewhat rare when I get to feel kicking or whatnot, but I enjoy it and look forward to feeling it more regularly, and being able to share it with the hubs and Moose. (I know eventually it'll get tiresome at night, but it's so reassuring to feel the baby moving and know "all is well".)

It's hard to believe tomorrow is November 1st. The fall is flying by so fast. It's practically winter. Which I'm not particularly looking forward to, being in a cold, dark, and snowy climate. But Moose is excited about snow play, so hopefully he's old enough now that it'll be more fun.

I'm almost half way through with the pregnancy. Can you believe that? And I know a ton of people who are pregnant as well. 4 who live here right by me. Plus my own sister, about 3 or so cousins (not counting the 3 who had babies over the summer) and 3 gals that I grew up with. It's crazy! I love it!

Getting married was the best decision of my somewhat adult life. (I wasn't too old) But having children, and creating a family with my hubs has by far been our crown jewel, greatest achievement and accomplishment. I suppose the only thing that will top it will be to see my own sweet babies become parents one day. I'm so glad so many other people apparently feel the same way!

No comments:

Post a Comment