The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Wednesday, October 20

Journals...

Today was a nice day, filled with more highs than lows. Monkey slept in til 9, which I enjoyed thoroughly. We had a nice trip to storytime at the library, and lunch and naps followed. Moose's nap was only 1 hour, which is a bit short for him and somewhat unusual. But he's old enough now that he can manage himself by that time and I can still do what I want. Monkey napped til about 4, which allowed me time to work on my to-do list. One thing, which has been on it for a while, was to write in my journals. Yes, that's plural. I have one, which I've kept since I was a teen. Then I started one for each of my children. I try to occasionally update them, include cute stories, milestones, etc. For the beginning of each, I try to keep track of doctor's appointments, ultrasounds, the beginning of movement, and other anticipations or excitements regarding the new arrival. I don't know how long I'll be able to keep it up, but I enjoy it, and hope the kids will enjoy them one day.

Monkey has been noticeably more agreeable since her sleep has regulated again. I love a well-rested kiddo. I always say that me and the hubs greatly value our sleep, so I guess we must have instilled that need in our kids. Either way, we know how to keep them happy and good sleep is a major factor.

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. Then the ultrasound in 3 weeks. The ultrasound. Very excited.  Moose thinks that if it's a boy, we should name him Steve. It's become a bit of a joke, and now we lovingly refer to the baby as Baby Steve. But no, I will not name the baby Steve. Not on my list of possible names. But a fine nickname.

Or maybe it'll be Sally. (That's his girl name.)

No comments:

Post a Comment