The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Friday, October 29

Happy Halloween...

So today was the big Halloween Party. It was a blast. Not everything turned out the way I wanted it to, and I felt like I could've been prepped a bit better for some things, but it was all in all a great time, and the kids had fun. What more can you ask for? We had 4 guests. Sleeping Beauty, a dinosaur, a bumble bee, and Alice in Wonderland. (with my Super Hero and Monkey, no costume required for her.) Here's a sum-up of our food and activities.

Mini pizzas. Dough made from Pillsbury Grand Biscuits. Pepperonis cut into bats. (I did this a as a kid with bologna. Apparently the only one who did. Fold it in half and bite either end. Of course I didn't bite the pepperonis. I used scissors.)

Hawaiian Punch (such a treat in itself) with ice cubes housing gummy worms. Moose loved getting his worms out of his ice cubes. Bit hit with him.

Apple slices with caramel. I tried to dip them in caramel and set them, but caramel doesn't stick to juicy apples. I learned my lesson.

We played musical chairs, but with pictures on the floor. (Thank you Stacee!) It was perfect for the age group we had. I made sure each kid won one time. (I picked the winning picture when the music turned off. At first it was random, but I wanted them all to win, so it wasn't all that random by the end.)

Ghostly pinata. I used a paper bag and covered it with white streamers and cut out some black circles for eyes and a mouth. It was actually way hard to break. I didn't think it would be so tough. But our fearless pinata holder (yes, fearless. Moose was super close to taking a swing at you multiple times.) helped the pinata out with a tear here and there.

They all left with a ball of mostly orange play-doh which we ran out of time to play with.

They also got a ball of orange candied popcorn. Another treat from my childhood. It was such a blast to make. Although I learned that if you want to make them into a ball, you have to form the ball while it's still warm. Once it hardens, if you move the popcorn and it separates, it won't stick again. So they weren't really popcorn balls, but close enough.

Moose had a blast having a party. He wore his cape and looked dashing. By this evening, I whipped out some wrist bands to match. (We had a family party with the hub's fam.) Maybe one day I'll even make a mask. (Since this is now in the toy-dress-up category since Halloween is mostly over.)

Overall, very successful. Tons of fun. Glad I did it. Maybe once I get the pictures downloaded, I'll share some of them. Not with the kiddos in them, per my agreement with the hubs, but of other stuff.

Happy Halloween everybody! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment