The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Tuesday, October 19

Growing Girl...

Today Monkey had a doctor's appointment. She is finally getting back to her old schedule, sleeping in til 9 this morning and taking a nap from 1-4. (I actually had to get her up so we wouldn't be late to the doctor's.) I didn't catch how much the lady weighs, but I think it's around 24 lbs. She's a whopping 33 1/2 inches long. Growing in all the ways she should, and seems to be healthy as a horse. Or Monkey. :)

The kiddos are in bed, and I'm hoping for another good day tomorrow. She was such a happy girl this morning, it was so nice. Now that her teething woes seem to be mostly over, and her appetite has returned, I'm hoping to see more of my sweet little lady.

Oh, and she had 4 shots at the doctor's office. She was so brave. I couldn't watch. Moose sat in a chair and covered his ears. He was dreading it the entire time. Two nurses came in to get them done as fast as possible. They counted to 3 and did 2 at a time. She, however, realized what was going on, and was sad and almost crying before it began. She let into the crying after those first two. Then they did the second two, one of which is for MMR. They warned me that one hurts real bad, and boy could I see the difference. She was really tender about that leg for a while, and kept wanting to touch it. But that sweet girl calmed down so fast. I was very proud. Yes, there were some M&M's involved, but still. I was proud of my little Monkey.

They grow so fast. She's 18 months old now. (As of 2 days ago.) Six more months (a little less than) and she'll be a big sister. And turning 2. I can hardly believe it. Her babyhood has gone by so much faster than Moose's did. It'll only go faster from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment