The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Saturday, October 2

Football and Poop...

So we did go to the Homecoming Football game yesterday. What a blast! We learned from our previous experience and made a few changes to hopefully keep the kids happier and be able to stay longer. We almost lasted the entire game! We had a garbage bag full of popcorn from home (in our backpack of course), a leftover calzone from dinner (which were homemade and turned out awesome!), some small plums that the kids adore, drinks, and sticker books for Moose to enjoy.  We were ultimately only missing 2 things that would've made the night completely smooth. (The hubs brought a coloring book, but no crayons, and we brought Monkey's paci, but not her baby and with her, the two sorta go together.) But overall, so great! Moose loved halftime and danced along with the band. He tried to cheer for the team too. He had a hard time remembering "Go Wolfpack", and we knew one of the players, so he opted to cheer "Go Bryan!" the whole time. It was also a super warm night, and me and the hubs didn't even wear our coats. It was great!

So, the poop. I had to mention this, just because it's kind of become Monkey's thing. Although I have to give her credit, she did try and warn me this time. I was home alone with Monkey for the evening and gave her a bath to kill time and keep her happy. She played for a long time. I was sitting in the bathroom reading a book. She tooted a few times, and everytime she'd point at her bum. I'd acknowledge what happened, and then go back to my book. Then a few minutes after the last toot, she pointed to her diaper on the counter. I talked to her about it, "Yes, that's your diaper." but didn't think too much of it. (Like I should have.) Within 5 minutes, she was sitting and playing with a cup. She held the cup up and looked at me, pointing inside the cup. I figured she had a toy in there, so I looked. Guess what was in the cup? You guessed it. Poop. She had scooped some up inside the cup. My talented daughter. So needless to say, bathtime was over, and I had the task of scooping out the rest of it.

Oh, the joys of motherhood. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment