The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Saturday, April 24

Back in good graces...

So it seems like I've done something to bump myself back into Monkey's good graces. She still dotes over her papa, but I am back in the top two.

She's been so giggly and silly latey, it's really quite fun. Tonight we had a big birthday party for my father in law. (Happy 60th!) We sat around the table sharing stories and things we love about him, and almost the entire time she was giggling and squealing in my lap. She's such a silly little girl.

She's also started using these signs regularly: milk, all done. She signs milk towards juice if she wants that. She's also starting to sign "more". It's so great to see her communicating. Next we'll have to differentiate between "milk" and "food". I love this level of communication. It is so helpful in stopping fits and tantrums. Of course, those still come. But I can see in her that she appreciates being able to ask me for something and she likes my recognition of her needs. It's really rewarding.

1 comment: