The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Tuesday, April 27

Let's dance...

So I think Monkey is starting to try and dance. She has started bouncing up and down, making some sort of grunting sound. However, she usually ends up falling over after a few bounces. But after watching her do it for a while, this was standing on Moose's bed, I decided that it looked like she was trying to dance. Moose and I had just been watching "Horton Hears A Who" (Seriously adorable movie) and for the entire last 20 minutes or so of the movie Moose dances as the Who's make music. (I must say, it really is great to listen to. Makes me want to find the soundtrack.) She was watching him dance (Twice. We watched that part again after the movie was over.) so I think he might have inspired her.

Did anything else exciting, thought provoking, miraculous, or just plain interesting happen to me today in the world of parenting? Not that I can readily think of. Or maybe I'm just losing my mojo. That's possible. I've been at this for quite a while. (A few months anyway.) This weekend I'm currently planning on attending something called Time Out For Women (TOFW) in Spokane. It's a real recharging type of weekend planned for women to get a pat on the back, feel inspired, and spend a few days away from family and responsibilities. I'm slightly not as excited about this as I was due to finances and lack of buddy (My mother in law can't come anymore. She'll be attending a funeral. :(

But I'm sure when the Time comes, I'll end up feeling inspired, uplifted and like my back has been patted. So assuming all goes as planned, I will be gone Friday and Saturday nights. But expect me for a few days more before that departure.

As we say in our house, "nigh, night"

No comments:

Post a Comment