The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Tuesday, April 13

Eggs - 4, Moose - 0

So, today didn't go as well as hoped. Moose officially lost 2 eggs today. Unofficially it should've been much closer to 5. I'm all about consistently when it comes to discipline, follow through and all that parenting jazz. But sometimes it's so much harder. Especially when the consequence is harder to deal with than the problem.

Overall, however, it wasn't a bad day. Moose was very aware whenever he popped out his very obnoxious and somewhat unconscious, "Why?" Most times he couldn't remember what he was asking why about, and therefore wasn't even able to rephrase it to an "intelligent question". (Our term for saying more than just why.)

I had some fun reminiscing. I keep journals for both kids. In them I keep track of my pregnancy, thoughts, and then their childhood. Mostly just random milestones, funny moments. That sort of thing. In updating their journals today, I always review and reread bits and pieces. It's so fun. I'm totally a memory lane type of gal.

Anyway, I found a list of words that Moose was saying when he was two. (right after we told him I had a baby in my belly.) I was reading them to the hubs at dinner, and we were laughing. Then after a few more words, we realized Moose was cracking up! He thought they were all hilarious!  It made us laugh all the more. It was a really fun dinner.

To spread the love, here's a few of his best 2 year old words:
muffin: mamoof
waffle: wawoof
balloon: boof
paci: bobees
binky: memees
stinky sandals: neeneenanals (I guess his sandals that summer smelled pretty bad)
stroller: worwor
And best, the way he said his name: Weewees (I know you have no reference since we've decided to leave out the babes real names. But just know it's not even close to this. But for some reason, that's how he decided to say his name. To this day it's a joke nickname we use on occasion.)

Now I'm looking forward to Monkey starting to use real words. At the moment she's learning sign language. She's currently mastering: milk, please, and all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment