The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Tuesday, April 6

Just another day...

So, lots of thoughts from today and last night.

You know how I'm always saying it's such a great thing to go and peek on the kids at night? Well, last night I went and did so, and occasionally I stroke a cheek, tug a blanket, that sort of thing. Well, I made Monkey stir and watched her until she settled down. Once she was settled, she proceeded to fill her diaper in a noisy and stinky way. Oh man. Talk about timing.

Well, in the end I was really glad I was there, because laying in that all night, besides being all around gross, would have done a number on her sensitive skin. So we took her to our room, and changed her diaper.

This leads me to my next story.

This morning, I was taking a shower while Monkey was napping. Moose was on the couch, playing with this neat new toy from my sis in law. Anyway, so he's in the living room, I'm in my bathroom. I finish my shower and reach for my towel, only to remember it's not there. The hubs used it (with my permission) to change Monkey on last night, just in case it got messy, to protect our bedspread. I really didn't want to run across the apartment to get a fresh towel. So I stood in the shower for a minute, waiting to hear him stomp across the house. (Seriously, the kid never walks.) He didn't come, so I tried knocking on the shower wall. It's not too far from the living room wall where he was. After about a minute, I heard him running down the hallway! Woohoo! He went ahead and got me a towel. Bless his heart! I was so pleased I offered him a candy heart (leftover from V-day.) Of course, he went on to ruin it by begging for a cookie, which was not the offer (and is much bigger than the offer) and ruined the mood a bit. But overall, I was still so pleased!

Then later on, after Monkey woke up, we had the hiccups together. Awww.

Upon returning home from my run this evening (something new I'm doing, and my hubs is so supportive.) my hubs was wrestling with Moose (something he loves and really needs, but he's just so big and I'm not a very good wrestling partner) He (kid, not adult) was laughing so much and having the time of his life. I just loved hearing him laugh so hard. It was that kind of laugh, when my hubs wasn't even touching him, he was cracking up. I just loved it. Kids need those moments. Moose probably needs them more than he's been getting since Monkey was born. I suppose that's something I can work on.

A pretty busy day, overall pretty good. Filled with some great moments. Moose's towel story reminds me of a really great one from last summer. Perhaps I'll share that tomorrow. It's way better. One that I wrote down in my journal. I'll definitely share it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment