The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Monday, April 5

Sad kids and the library...

Ugh. So the day started out unusual, and kinda icky. We got the kids to bed late last night after an Easter dinner with family. But they konked out pretty fast, probably 1 minute after their heads hit the bed, at 8. Moose was up at 7:15. Cozy enough. Monkey, she didn't get up until 11:30. Yes, you read that right. 11:30.

I went and checked on her once to make sure she was alright. Oh my gosh! Did it stink in there?!? She was still completely asleep. But I knew was going to go straight in the tub once she woke up. One might think, why not wake her up and clean up that poor stinky baby? Because then that leads to cleaning up a screaming & very unhappy baby. So I waited. The room totally smelled like pee and she had some of her antibiotic poop as well. So nice to read about, right? I know. I had to smell it too.

Well, so I stuck the kid straight in the tub (after undressing her, of course) and bathed her. She was so sad and still really lethargic. So I redressed the doll in some clean pj's and she basically cuddled me for an hour. I managed to get some formula in her. The she decided to sleep for another 45 mins. or so.  After she woke up, we finally got everyone rolling to take a DVD back to the library that was due today.

Well, I was originally going to do a drive-thru (since our library has one) but Moose really wanted to go inside, knowing we weren't going to borrow anything since we were just there Saturday. I thought, "This could be nice. Check for a book I'm waiting for, read a few to the kids, maybe even snag a DVD for me from the rack near check out. This might be good." Oh, to the contrary.

For no reason whatsoever, Monkey starts screaming after she finally ventured off my lap and over to a bookshelf. It went straight south from there. I was mid-book with Moose, but we needed to leave. Screaming baby in the library is just a bit awkward, you know? But Moose was not pleased. Not one bit.

So he proceeded to throw a fit. A massive fit.

I was already holding one screaming baby (whose reasons were slightly more convincing at the moment, being sicky and all). It was so annoying. I could tell one sweet lady just wanted to help. But I know Monkey wouldn't have gone to anyone else. And Moose, well, he's just old enough to not behave that way. There was no way I was caving on what was going on. He finally tells me he wants me to finish the book. I know we were really close to finishing. But there's no way I'm going to do that with a screaming child on my lap. Not happening.

To make a really long, and unhappy story short: Moose cried and cried until I threatened him with a public spanking. I don't know if I would've done it or not. I suppose I would have if he made me follow through. But luckily I didn't have to and the threat worked. He screamed the whole way to the car (but walking on his own and not being carried by me. Thank goodness.) He then screamed half the way home, until he calmed down, we got home, got ready for a nap, he stayed in bed for maybe 30 minutes, and is now puttering around the living room, somewhat quietly reading books, and completely killing my mojo for doing what I normally would do during naptime.

Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment