The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Tuesday, April 20

Each new day is fresh, with no mistakes...

A shameless quote from Anne of Green Gables. Anyhow, as it says, today was fresh and it was an entirely different day. I wish I could take credit for it, but truly I can't. I did try a bit harder to be less harsh in my tone, a bit more patient and talk Moose out of his fits. But he was also a bit easier to deal with, less reactionary, and overall a different boy today. Only one big time out that ended very satisfactorily.

This reminds me of kids between the age of birth to 2. You'll have a day, then the next morning they'll sleep in til 8 instead of 6 and you'll think to yourself, "What did we do yesterday that caused this?" In the end, there's so much going on in those little bodies, it's practically impossible to replicate. They cycle through emotional cycles just as equally, I'm thinking, as they do sleep cycles. So, my new goal is to just deal with it each and every day and try to solve big issues as they come. But overall, you just do the best you can one day at a time.

Yay for me moment: We've been doing sign language with Monkey to help her get less frustrated about things. We did it with Moose and it was fantastic. Anyhow, today she started very intentionally signing "milk" and for the first time, but also very intentionally, she signed "all done". It was awesome! I hope she continues with it. It's so nice to be able to communicate with them before they master speech.

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I am glad it is working. I wish we could find something for C but I really think his fits are more of a sensory thing, so we just get to deal with it and keep him from hurting anyone.

    ReplyDelete