The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Wednesday, April 28

Playgroups

Nothing really important happened for me today, but we did go to a playgroup. These are always interesting environments. A lot of the kids were older and I didn't know any of them. We were basically split in two groups who didn't intermingle, though our kids mingled plenty.

My only beef with these types of things is when people don't monitor their kids. At all. Like the kid who punched mine. Or the little girl who "ran over" my toddler with her bike. No one was seriously injured, although I had some unfriendly thoughts towards some of the parents who were completely ignoring their kids.

I'll say right now, I'm a little bit moody today. I blame hormones. However, I think it is only common courtesy to monitor your child. I know I tend to border on the side of overprotective/attentive. I still think that this is better than the side of a bit underprotective/attentive. Anyone agree?

It's always a mixed bag when you have large groups of kids, all of them used to different parenting styles and techniques. I'm getting better about keeping myself from prejudging or being mentally hostile towards other parents. However, I think that it's just nice if you occasionally monitor your kid, and when you hear someone break out in crying/screaming, check and see if it's your kid, or if yours had anything to do with it. Is that too much to ask?

I know every mother who stays at home craves other adult attention/conversation. But please make sure your kid isn't trying to use mine as a punching bag or speed bump. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment