The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Friday, April 23

The red wagon

My parents got us this lovely Radio Flyer ATW wagon two years ago for Christmas. We've tried to use it when we can, but haven't had a lot of opportunities with harsh winters and moving. However, today I had a perfect opportunity.

Some friends of mine were going walking. We do this occasionally in the evening, sans kids, but they didn't go last night and decided to go around 11. Only one other has 2 kids, and uses a double stroller. I don't have a double stroller. I really wanted to go, for chatting, and any extra work-out opportunity (as I've been working quite hard to finally take off those 10 or so Monkey pounds that have been lingering) so I thought about ways to make it work. I could have had Moose walk, but knew he would eventually say he was tired or his feet hurt, etc.

The the thought came to me, we have a red wagon. So when the time came, I loaded up the kids, crammed the wagon in the trunk and we went for a walk. Them, with their strollers, and me with my 2 kids in the Radio Flyer. I must say it worked out pretty well. I was pleased. And I know Moose enjoyed it because he loves that red wagon.

All in all, a good day. No major fits. (So far, so good. Yay for that phase most likely being over.) Monkey is climbing on things more confidently every day. As difficult as kids can be, I can't help but think, in those quiet reflecting times when the kids are silently sleeping, that I love my kids. They are my world. My world rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment