The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Thursday, April 29

Mom funk over...

So for the last few days this mom has been in a funk. I blamed it on my monthly gift, as the commercials call it. But something just wasn't right. The last few days it's been really rainy and gloomy. The first two days of the week my hubs was gone a ton (for a really good cause) so I wasn't able to get my normal run in after dinner. Long story short, I was in a funk.

But tonight, despite the slight rain (which is better than the not so slight rain that was coming down earlier today) I went for my run, still bumping it up a quarter mile, despite my not going out the last two nights. I felt awesome!

Now, for those of you who don't know me that well, I am NOT a runner. But I started doing this a while ago to take off the Monkey weight that was not budging. (I thought it was like a stingy 10, but turned out after a visit to a scale to be closer to a stingy 20. And that was after having already been running for a bit. Ugh.) Anyhow, I go out for 2 miles approx. each night. I started slow, running 1/2 mile, walking 1, running 1/2. Then every week or so, I run a quarter mile more, and walk 1/4 mile less. Make sense? So today, I ran 1 mile, walked 1/2 and then run 1/2.

I could not believe how good it felt to get out and go on my run. Not just physically, but mentally. When I got outside with my mp3 player (seriously, one of the best gifts I think I've ever had.) and starting hitting the highway my mind felt so much clearer. It was awesome. I so needed that.

So, I proved to myself today how important it is to really take care of #1, so you can better take care of #s 2, 3, and 4. I haven't been neglecting them, mind you, just depriving them of my truly happy-go lucky demeanor. I'm still headed out for my MOM weekend. (So I won't post til Sunday.) I'm just looking forward to it a lot more than I was a few hours ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment