The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Sunday, May 2

The Mama Returns...

Well, I came back from my small weekend trip. I arrived at the lovely hour of 2 am, and was greeted by my sweet Monkey crying from her room. So I had an excuse to cuddle her for ten minutes mere minutes after returning home.  I was very comfortable being away from the kids (some moms do get quite anxious being away), but I was very happy to be back.  I will admit, I was most excited to be back with my hubs. (I really do sleep horribly when we're apart.)

This weekend ended up being such a great time for me to relax, reflect, and recharge. I was able to remove myself from the daily pressures of parenting. It gave me time to think about our days, what I like, what I want to change, and about our family's flow in general. Then I was able to charge my batteries, so to speak. To make plans, make goals, and overall fill myself with positive energy for my return back to my real world.

Even if it's only for an afternoon, I think every mom needs this. I am extremely fortunate to have a hubs who knows how vital this is to a happy wife and mother. He's so supportive and I couldn't have asked for more.

Today was a peaceful Sunday, complete with naps and a small furniture rearrangement project. (Which we both love doing!) So the apartment is refreshed and feels new. I feel refreshed and renewed. I am hoping for a really great week this week. I'm sure it won't necessarily work out that way, but I'm prepared for the ups and downs. Hopefully I'll be able to share some of the wonderful insights I gained over the next few days. For now, I'm going to go enjoy a quiet evening with my hubs.

Here's to a positive mind set to start out the week. Sending all you moms good vibrations!

No comments:

Post a Comment