The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Sunday, May 23

Fishing...

So I got in really late from a girls night last night, so the house was already shut down when I got back. But we had a super busy day yesterday!

My mother in law got Moose a little guy fishing pole and we went fishing! A local place has days where they provide bait and you can go fishing at the chosen location. We didn't last terribly long at the pond (although it was longer than I thought we would.) and sadly, we didn't catch anything. But Moose had a ton of fun with his Spiderman fishing pole and enjoyed the fake worms and bobbers. Monkey actually really enjoyed it too, and at first was super mad I wouldn't let her in the water.

After that excursion, we went and got some seeds and starter plants and started some gardening at my in-laws place. They have 2 huge raised garden beds and Moose was able to help plants some beans and onions. The onions were tons of fun. We had him poking holes with his finger and then stuffing the onions in the holes. We plan on going back tomorrow to plant some more since the kids were pretty pooped by that point.

Sweet Monkey has still been a bit off. I almost took her to Urgent Care Saturday morning. She was so cranky and tired and I just didn't know what was going on. Her fever was gone, but she seemed to still be so uncomfortable. However, after a nice full diaper, she seemed to be all better. So we're thinking maybe a small bit of constipation? Hopefully she'll be back to normal in no time. Her day today was still a bit off, but that might've just been because she spent the morning/afternoon with the hubs and he does things differently than I do. Sometimes that's all it takes.

The upcoming week is looking quite busy. But I'll try to take it one day at a time. This week was so busy and hectic with my parents visiting (which was so great, the visit was too short, and we're looking forward to the next one already!) and coughs and colds. Fortunately I never got sick. (Knock on wood.) Let's hope for a calm and un-busy week this week. What do you say? I like it!

Oh, the hubs just signed his contract for next year. (Teaching) So we're officially staying put for another year. Did I already say that? I forget. If I didn't, there's the happy news. Yay for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment