The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Sunday, May 30

I know...

This is a serious pet peeve of mine. Whenever I tell Moose to do something, or explain why we have to do something a certain way, etc. he will respond with "I know". This drives me bonkers. I guess a lot of it is the tone of voice, which is hard to blog. I used to think he learned this habit from a cousin, but I'm thinking that it might just be a kid thing. I don't know if it usually starts this young. But it drives me bonkers.

Here's an example.

Me: Moose, we don't step on the headstones at the cemetery.
Moose: But why not?
Me: They're special and we treat them nicely.
Moose: I know.

This is fictional of course. (We did visit a cemetery today.) But the jist is, it's always something that he doesn't know. It's usually something he isn't happy about, or we're telling him to do something he doesn't want to do, or he'll explain something wrong, and we'll correct him and he'll then respond with "I know". The way he says it is in that slightly whiney tone of voice. It just drives me bonkers.

Random pet peeve. I know. But I just had to share. What are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment