The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Tuesday, May 18

Family...

So we just finished having a visit from my parents, who live quite a ways away. It was so nice to see my children interacting with them. Me and the hubs enjoyed having them around tons too.  Despite how far away we live and how little face to face time we get, it's still great to see how well we all function when we're together.

Moose just loved playing with my Dad. My Dad does a great monster, crawling around on his hands and knees. Even Monkey got into the fray (which was so adorable.) running away from my dad and hiding under the kitchen sink.

I wanted to take pictures of the kids with the grandparents, since I basically forgot to take out my camera during their visit. We weren't sure how to do it since we figured Monkey wouldn't enjoy being on either of their laps. However, as they were situating Moose with my Dad, my Mom held out her hands and miraculously, Monkey went and sat on her lap. Moose then went on to have a mini-breakdown and I took pics of Monkey and my parents. It was so precious. Once Moose calmed down, he had his own little photo shoot with them. All in all it was so great to have them visit.

There is so much to learn from parents and past generations. I'm just glad that my kids will be able to know my parents and who they are. I want my kids to learn from them and enjoy the wonderful personalities who raised me.

No comments:

Post a Comment