The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Saturday, May 8

Grandparents...

Today was a semi-big day. Me and the hubs went on a day trip away and we left the kids with the grandparents. We were away with my bro-in-law and his lovely wife, so their 3 sweet girls spent the day with the grandparents as well. This was the longest I've been away from Monkey (if I am not mistaken) and I was a little worried about her getting her naps in. Since she would not be in her bed, but the pack-n-play, in a foreign room.

But, lo and behold, Monkey did great! I was so pleased when we arrived and she was happily playing. What a joy! I knew she was capable and know that she isn't that needy that she would absolutely need me or the hubs to be around her. It was just nice to know that it went so smoothly. How great! Now I will have no fear of leaving them for a few hours for dates, etc. It was quite encouraging. And to see that she went to sleep happily if someone else did her bedtime routine. Yay!

Me and the hubs are currently gearing up for a special anniversary this year. (It's number 6, but we've never really done anything very special outside of going to a restaurant.) We've been checking out flights to fun locales, as well as Broadway type shows. Now I know that we can go for a weekend and all will be well. What a relief!

It is so important as a parent to be able to be away from your kids. You need it. And, amazing as it may seem, they need it too! And, seeing as tomorrow is Mother's Day, we brought them home with sweet little crafts they made with their pictures, a lovely fan for me, and some beautiful potted flowers! Being a mother is the best!

For all of you mothers and future mothers out there, have a wonderful Mothers Day tomorrow!
*And a special hug and kiss for my amazing Moms (in-law, you too!) My life wouldn't be the same without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment