The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Monday, May 17

Spring has arrived...

So I think that spring has finally arrived. As pleased as I am, I can already feel the typical grumblings in my head. "It's so hot." "Do I have to sunblock everyone?" "Can't we just stay inside?" How naughty of me to already be thinking this when spring has just barely arrived, and quite late in the year for some people.  However, there are a few things I'm looking forward to.

Swim Lessons. I did these last year with Moose. Despite his size, he was still able to do the Mommy & Me class, which I was glad for since he's a bit hesitant in large bodies of water. I'm really jazzed to do the Mommy & Me with Monkey, although I imagine she might be equally clingy. She'll just be way more manageable since she won't be 3 and over 30 pounds. It will be a bit nerve wracking to take Moose to his class, with a few other kids and their teacher. I just don't know how he'll do. But we'll do it either way, so I'm excited!

Camping. We can't really afford camp site fees, but I know we'll be able to go with the hubs' family over 4th of July and possibly other times during the summer. (I know we said it's just spring, but around here they're basically the same season.) The last time we went camping was when Moose was almost 1 and crawling. We do have a decent sized tent and enough gear to sleep semi-comfortable. We'd be stuck with campfire cooking, but I'm sure we would manage. We could also borrow from our camp-loving family that lives nearby. Either way, I'm jazzed about taking the kiddos camping!

I don't really know what the summer will bring, but I'm pretty excited about the possibilities. I'll just have to remind myself that the heat is far more preferable to the snow. I'm sure I'll manage. I just hope the kiddos deal with the heat as well as I do. (Or should I be saying I hope I handle the heat as well as the kiddos do.)

No comments:

Post a Comment