The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Friday, May 7

Tender moments...

I had a really tender moment with my kids tonight. (Of course it was ultimately ruined and ended with some crying, but what doesn't with kids?) As I got out of the shower after my run this evening, my hubs came in and Monkey was crying in the room. He said it seems like she's having a harder time going down since I've been bumped back up into favorite status. (I think it's all the giggling I get her to do before I put her to bed.) So I went in there and cuddled her in the rocking chair and sang songs to the kids for a while. She was completely relaxed on me, and almost fell asleep. She roused a bit as she tried to find the ears on her teddy bear. (They're actually bunny ears, he's wearing a bunny costume. She loves to hold those ears.) But she still stayed completely relaxed. I tried to sing her back to sleep, which didn't work. I had decided to sing one more song, when Moose started to ask me what something meant. It was a word which didn't make sense, and wasn't anything I had said. (It was probably some conglomerate of a few words he heard me said, or one bad translation of something I was singing.) His speaking brought Monkey out of her lovely sleepy state, and ruined the moment, I'm afraid. So I got up to put her to bed, and Moose started crying immediately, telling me to keep singing. I told him if he quit crying right then and laid back down, I would sing one more song. He did, so I did. It was really quite nice singing to them like that. I rather enjoyed it. Maybe next time it will end without any tears at all. I just love cuddling sleeping babies in my rocking chair. I highly recommend it. (She hasn't fallen asleep on me since she was just a wee thing, so it was really quite sweet.)

No comments:

Post a Comment