The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Friday, May 14

Hello Sunshine...

Well, it seems like spring has finally hit our city. It is so nice. Living in a wintery climate most of the year, I'm learning that I need to take advantage of the warmer weather while we have it and let the kiddos play outside. So after errands and naps, it becomes outdoor time. I'm still not good at doing this, but I'm getting better. (It's a lot of work to take the kids outdoors sometimes. You have to have toys, possibly sunblock, and gear if you plan on going anywhere that's not outside your front door.)

Luckily, we have a grass patch outside our apartment, and our downstairs neighbors have a little guy and a good amount of outdoor toys that kind of reside in the grass. So they're nice enough to let our kids play with it whenever we're out. Among these toys, there's also a water table. Basically a big table that holds a few inches of water. The last two times we've been out to play, Monkey has managed to completely soak her frontside with water. Today she practically climbed ontop of it, reaching across it for a toy.

We currently live far from my family, but close to my hub's family. However, tomorrow we will have the pleasure of driving down to see my parents and my sibling's family. (My bro is graduating college.) We will be driving back after dinner with tired kiddos and my parents in tow. So it's very possible I won't post tomorrow. But otherwise, expect a post Sunday night.

Ooh, in fantastic news, my hubs got his pay and contract figured out for next year. Yay! He just needs to sign the dotted line. But this lets us continue plans for the future and that's always exciting! We're super jazzed to be staying in one place for another year! (The longest we lived anywhere was the city before this, and we lived there for two years. Other than that, the longest we stayed anywhere was about 8 months. This is in the entire almost 6 years that we've been married. Oh, the student life.) We'll be excited to see if we can't manage to stay here for 3 years and beat our record!

No comments:

Post a Comment