The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Sunday, May 9

Happy Mother's Day

Today is the day to celebrate all women really. Mothers, Grandmothers, Aunts, Sisters, and any influential woman that has made an impact in your life. I have had many women play this part in my life, and am now privileged to be numbered among those Mothers as well.

My sweet hubs got a card for the kiddos to sign (well, Moose did anyway). Moose made a sweet little flower for me in church. Monkey showered me with love and giggles. The men in our family made us all dinner, including a brownie dessert. It was a wonderful day full of love, and I can't wait to continue the growth of that love as our families continues to grow over the years.

I absolutely love being a mother. Next to being a wife, it is my most favorite thing in the world. Despite all of the challenges that come with motherhood (pregnancy being an entirely separate book of challenges) I would not trade any of it. The challenges are 100% worth it, when weighed against the amazing benefits I receive. I am daily (mostly) showered my sweet, pure, and sincere love from my children. They look to me in all things, whether I like it or not, and I am a major source of love and nourishment for them. What an honor.

So, I put out a large thank you to all of those women in my life who have at one time or another, nourished me and played that role. My beautiful mother. There is no replacing the impact you have had on me. My oldest sister, who at times played mother for me in our large family. My sweet twin sisters, who in completely different ways, have been a buoy to me in times when I really needed it. My best friend's mother, who was as example in many ways and adopted me into her own family. My mother-in-law, the jackpot of mother in laws, what a treat it is to have you in my life. There are so many others. Thank you, all women, who are a force for good and positive impact on those around you. The world is such a better place because of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment