The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Monday, May 3

Brand New Day 1

So, after my weekend away, and being inspired by amazing people at TOFW, I feel like today was starting a brand new day. Monkey slept in, so I was showered and dressed before she got up. I had her breakfast ready and waiting for her. We had school (Moose and I), made a trip to JoAnns (so I could get patches to fix Moose's pants) and had an overall great morning. (Although, for some reason, Monkey has decided that she will no longer say "all done" when she is finished sitting in her chair. It's so annoying.)

The kids napped, I sewed (or patched, more like it.), and spent some time reading the scriptures on the lovely small couch that now resides in my bedroom. I repotted the bean plant that was getting the biggest (I still have, now 6, plants growing in my windowsill from Moose's urge to plant things from like a month ago. The biggest bean plant is really close to sprouting beans. Or however you say that.)

I ran my two miles (well, ran 1 1/2 and walked 1/2) and even did an extra p90x (new exercise craze) workout with some friends. I might even be sore tomorrow. We had an amazing dinner with knock-off Red Lobster cheese biscuits (Oh my goodness. Yum.) and spaghetti.

I was really productive today. The kids had a good day. I didn't yell. We didn't have one time out. (Although Monkey was put back in her bed after throwing huge fits in her chair, while refusing to say "all done". But I dare say she rather enjoyed being put back in bed.) Moose ate carrots (I love when my kids eat vegetables. Is that weird?) and our grilled cheese sandwiches at lunch were amazing.

Yay for good days. I hope you all decide to do you best to have one tomorrow. (I think in most cases it's 95% attitude.) Here's to Brand New Day 2...

No comments:

Post a Comment