The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Wednesday, April 7

Score 1 for me...

Nothing big really. Just that I was really organized today and it felt good to feel like I was the one in charge of when we do what, and not my 2 runts.

Highlights of today:
*Moose left his transformer (his most favorite toy at the moment, which actually makes me sad too. He's been singing his own transformer songs and everything. So cute.) at the park. Usually we don't let him take toys out, for this very reason. The last time it happened, he lost his Mater truck at Albertsons. We were lucky enough to get that back, although he and the hubs went back the same day, if I remember correctly. If he's a good boy, we might do a drive by tomorrow. (despite the 15 minute drive.) We'll see.

*Monkey did not have diarrhea. Although, she didn't poop at all, which just might mean we're in for another exciting night!

*Had some great "me" time. Talked with other moms at the park. Even though it was a short visit. (Partially because I started driving to the wrong city, and partially due to the really cold weather/wind.) It was really nice to talk to other moms. It seems so simple, but it's such a relaxing thing. It's really nice to talk to other adults who understand the day to day things you go through. It doesn't have to necessarily be other moms. But you can sympathize with each other if you're all dealing with the same issues. Also went on my nightly "run" (I'm not actually running the whole time.), came home and took a nice shower, and then patched Moose's two pants that have been by my sewing machine for a while. All of this, of course, made possible by my amazing hubs who played with the kids and is currently singing them songs as he puts them to bed.

Sometimes I really think I'm the luckiest girl alive. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment