The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Wednesday, April 21

Ehh hehh truck...

That's what Moose used to call fire trucks. Luckily, I have the origins caught in a video file. We were walking next to a small engine in a parade, and going up hill. Everytime the engine did something, it made that sound "ehh hehh". After once or twice, Moose started repeating it. It was absolutely hilarious.

Today the kids and a ton of their friends all went for a trip to the local fire station. They had a grand old time. They got to see and touch their uniforms, climb in an ambulance, as well as a fire truck. I think their favorite part was seeing one fireman slide down their big pole. Although Moose was ultra disappointed he couldn't do it too. I'm so glad my friend thought to do it. What a fun trip!

Then Monkey had her 1 year well-child visit. Luckily, I finally wised up and left Moose with a friend for the trip. It was so much easier. My sweet girl is only about 47% for weight but about 98% for height. Our tall, skinny girl! She's so great, and healthy. I couldn't ask for more.

No major fits today. Yay! Things feel like they might've gone back to normal, somewhat. That's a relief. Currently I'm looking forward to the prospect of taking Moose (after I check it out myself) to see Disney's "Ocean". I was just talking about it with a friend today. Each day in school Moose and I talk about something from his Seas and Ocean Encyclopedia. He's so into it. I've wanted to take him to do something involving those areas, but there are no big aquariums or anything nearby. So this could possibly be a great time. Here's hoping it works out.

All in all, a good day. It's been a while since I've had that positive of a report. Like everything else in life (especially us women) we cycle through things. Maybe we're on the upswing for a while. The weather's been warmer, everyone has a bit more energy, the sun's shining, we've been getting out. Maybe that's just what the little kiddos needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment