The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Saturday, August 28

Bedtime...

There are times when these words are not met with happy faces. However, there's always one moment, when I say, "It's time for bed!" that the kids always love, and I do too. After books have been read, potty taken care of, and all that, I will tell the kids that it's time for bed. We're usually in the living room at this point, because that's where Moose's library books are. Whenever I say this, the kiddos both look at each other, and then take off running for Moose's bed. It's really the cutest thing you've ever seen. Well, Moose isn't that adorable running, but Monkey sure is, chasing his heels down the hallway. It's become their favorite thing because they always climb into Moose's bed together (a twin bed) and lay down together. Monkey is still in her crib, but for quite a while now she's been a fan of his bed, and thinks it's so great. I'll let them lay there for a minute or two, and then proceed to take Monkey to the rocking chair and sing them songs before I shut the door.  It's a nice routine we have, and I can certainly say that my favorite part is now, "It's time for bed!" so I can watch them chase each other to the bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment