The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Monday, August 30

Wrestling...

At nights when the hubs is home, and our schedule isn't hectic, or way behind, the hubs likes to give the kids some fun physical time since I'm not nearly as capable. (Wrestling with a 45+ lb. 4 year old who's half my height and doesn't know his own strength has risks.) So tonight beind one of those nights, I sat in our recliner and watched the kids adoringly play with their papa. It was such a joy.

The hubs is a big guy. Not bulky, but tall. 6'3 or so. (We're pretty sure that's why our kids are both 95+ percentile in height for their age.) He's got enough muscle and size to wrestle these kids to exhaustion. They just love it. Moose just loves playing and wrestling. Sometimes I think he doesn't get enough of it. Monkey is also quite the wrestler despite being smaller in size. She doesn't get nearly as into the fray as Moose will, but she's not too far behind.

I absolutely adore these times when I can watch the kiddos having a blast with their Papa. I truly love it. I remember doing similar games with my dad when I was a kid. I have great memories of him playing monster with us. (A few of those memories include breaking a certain touch lamp with glass panes which we broke most of. Sorry mom!) But certainly memories that will stay with me for a long time. I'm sure the kiddos will remember these fun nights too.

No comments:

Post a Comment