The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Saturday, August 21

Wedding Day...

So today was the big day. I spent the entire morning sewing and was so glad when I was done. Ultimately it was a beautiful ceremony. Moose did awesome and received rave reviews on his duties as ring bearer. The lady conducting the ceremony had him stand there for a minute while she talked about the rings (we didn't prepare him for this) and he stood so still and looked really intently at her. I was very proud.

I'm very glad that this weekend is mostly over. We've been so busy lately, I am (as I've said before) very much looking forward to the slow down in pace. I just got the kids down (shortly after 9 - ahh!) and I'm thinking after such a long day (with no nap for Moose and an early one for Monkey, due to the early afternoon ceremony) there won't be any noises coming from behind that door. The hubs is still at the wedding (it's still going strong) so he can help his brother break down DJ equipment when the party is over. So I'm stuck here relaxing alone tonight. Oh well.

It was a beautiful day. The bride was absolutely dazzling! (Seriously, in that bolero jacket you were supremely gorgeous. I was totally staring!) The kids were adorable, the ceremony wonderful. It was a great feeling to remember my own wedding day. (As it was a fantastic day.) The day that started it all. And 6 years later here we still are, with 2 kids added to the mix. And more to come! Weddings are wonderful. Such a beautiful celebration to start out a new life together.

Congrats you to crazy lovebirds!

No comments:

Post a Comment