The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Thursday, August 19

Only Slightly Frantic...

So yesterday wasn't too bad, it just got late and the hubs turned off the computer. (While I watched, laying down on the couch, too tired to say wait.) Today however, was slightly frantic, and it will most likely continue over the next few days.

This morning we spent the entire morning running errands with the whole fam. The hubs had the day off, so it's always a good day for family errands. Stopping at work, dropping off at the thrift store, big Wal-Mart trip, then off to the fair with the rest of the fam. We spent a few hours there, then brought our kids home and put them straight down for a nap. Then I proceeded to cut my hubs hair, and sew. I'm working on my mother in law's dress for the upcoming wedding. (Saturday.) Then Moose got up (after only an hour, fantastic.) and I cut his hair too. Then I sewed some more. Then the hubs headed over to the Big House (his brother's house) for a brother/son bachelor party with all the boys. Simultaneously everyone else had dinner and partying at the in law's house. This included massive amounts of food (some being prepped for the rehearsal dinner tomorrow), a whole lotta kids, and 4 women. Basically, madness.

All in all it was a really fun time. But in the end we stayed way too long, Monkey ended up falling down the stairs a tad bit (totally unhurt, thank GOODNESS!), and a short while later was kicked in the face by a cousin. (And yes, it's actually a bit swollen and red. Hope she won't have a black eye at the wedding!) That put a lovely cap on the night for me and I was done. They're now both in bed, and hopefully will fall asleep shortly. Miss Monkey is fussing as I type. Although with her night, I'm not too surprised. I think I'm going to go cuddle her for a minute (if she's still fussing when I reach the door) and hope for a peaceful night. I gave her tylenol as a pre-emptive strike. Maybe tomorrow won't be too bad. Plenty of sewing, but otherwise nothing much to do til the rehearsal dinner.

We can do this. One more weekend til school starts. We can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment