The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Tuesday, August 31

Sleeping babies...

So since Monkey's gotten older, she doesn't generally fall asleep in our arms anymore. But this morning she was up more than an hour early and so when naptime hit at 1 o'clock she was really tired. As usual, I sat in the rocking chair with her and wrapped a blanket around her. Then I sing songs for both her and Moose, who is laying down in his bed. She was so tired she just fell asleep in my arms, and it was so sweet. It's been so long, I couldn't help but stop and look at her, enjoying the moment. That is, until Moose says, "Mama! Why aren't you doing anything?"

It was really sweet. The whole thing. Since then, I told Moose that if I stop singing and I'm still sitting in the rocking chair it's because Monkey fell asleep, so he doesn't need to say anything. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment