The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Wednesday, August 11

The New Babysitter...

I know for some kids, the TV can easily become a babysitter. However, for Monkey, it holds no appeal. Her babysitter is...the bathtub. So wonderful, so wet.

The other day, Monkey was being high maintenance and when the hubs came home that night, mentioned something about putting her in the bathtub to ease up on the stress load. So tonight I tried it. He was gone helping his brother and I had the kiddos. Moose is an easy fix. We watched a movie together, which is always super special. But since Monkey has no desire for media yet (which I'm totally okay with, by the way. Moose didn't watch any tv, movies until he was 2.) I had to entertain her. She was getting tired, I was getting worn out, and that's when I remembered the new babysitter.

So Miss Monkey took a bath (a straight shot from my spot in the living room, bathroom door open, of course, water super low - for those worried about safety) while me and Moose enjoyed a bit of our movie together. Then the hubs came home, which ended her bath and the chaos began again. But that's okay. At least now I'm more familiar with my new ally, the new babysitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment