The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Tuesday, August 3

Productive Day...

This morning I didn't have many plans and didn't really feel up for much, not having slept well the night before. However, I undertook a project early this morning since Monkey was sleeping in (thanks to her not sleeping well last night either.) I put together Moose's rather large Thomas the Train Track System that has been undone for weeks. It's also been caked in dust from a wind storm a while back. So I swept, and cleaned pieces and put it back together. Yay for me!

I was feeling pretty good, like I had done my motherly duty for the day. Until Moose received his final birthday present in the mail today. A Black and Decker Toolbench. So during naptime, I took it upon myself to put together the entire thing, even installing a few sets of batteries. Lo and behold, I had outdone even myself.

It felt pretty good to go above and beyond my expectations for the day. I, only slightly, regret to say that the rest of the day didn't prove to be very productive in any way. Outside of feeding my children healthy meals. But I felt good about it. Moose loves having his train track restored and adores his new toolbench and tools. We even stayed late at grandma's house visiting with his cousins who just got in town, until 9 o'clock. As we left the house, I said something along the lines of, "You should be saying thank you for us letting you stay up so late so you could stay up and play with your cousins." To which I didn't actually expect a response. But Moose promptly replied, "Thank you Mama."

I think my day is officially done. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment