The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Wednesday, July 14

Allergies...

So today was a day of allergies for me. I'm used to seasonal allergies with hayfever and whatnot, but today was ridiculous. I took something in the early morning, but still wasn't sure I'd make it. I was sneezed 3 times in a row every 5 to 10 minutes. I went to take a shower, hoping it would help. However, the hubs was already at work, and Monkey doesn't generally handle my showers very well. So I enlisted Moose for help. I asked him to keep her happy while I showered and he could have a reward (a fun new word he learned today) after I was done. It worked wonderfully for a few minutes. However, after his second trip into the bathroom (once for her not letting him build the towers up all the way, the second time for throwing something) she followed him in and they spent the rest of my shower in the bathroom with me.

Moose's 4th birthday is coming up really soon. I haven't even really started planning. I found out today 2 of his buddies (siblings) won't be here, so that leaves about 2 kids. Which is really ideal, because a big group of kids just gets chaotic and stressful and that's not my idea of a good time. And as I learned in my house growing up, if Mom's not happy, nobody's happy. And I want Moose happy on his birthday.

He kept changing his idea for what he wants for his birthday cake. He's picked a dozen different things. I finally sat him down and told him he had to pick one thing. He decided he wanted Scooby Doo, however we were trying to discourage Scooby Doo because he's still a bit young for some of the scary elements. So he decided he wants a Stitch cake. (Lilo & Stitch) Yeah, that blue guy isn't the easiest thing to make into a cake. I'm considering making him change his mind again. We'll see.

At the beginning of the summer, things went on as usual. We weren't really doing anything differently because it was summer. However, it seems now that every day is something different and we're doing tons of stuff. This isn't bad, it's just new. Today I told Moose we were just going to stay home. This was such a radical idea to him. I knew we were going out tomorrow, and decided a day at home wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. We did end up playing outside infront of the apartment (which is pretty much equal to any other outing in my eyes.) and enjoyed the sunshine for a little bit. It will be strange when the summer is over and we go back to our old day to day routines.

The hubs is feeling impulsive tonight and wants to stay up all night (literally, no sleeping) watching old movies or something. (Thanks for the latest box Mom. It had Willow, Robin Hood, and Ghost. Classics.) I doubt I'll be convinced to do it. Although he might be able to coax me to stay up really late. But even that's only because I know he'll let me sleep in tomorrow morning. I'm such a wuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment