The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Tuesday, July 13

Boys and Girls...

So yesterday Moose was talking about this little girl he plays with occasionally. He was telling the hubs, "I don't like her really much. She talks to me very much and I tell her she's not allowed. I don't like talking to her." Who knew it started so early? Girls wanting to talk, talk, talk, and boys being totally uninterested. :)

Yesterday we had a great opportunity to go to a magic show. It was a local guy that my hub's family are using for an upcoming reunion. It was totally free (and they BBQ'd for us all after. Totally unexpected!) and such a good time. I don't know how much Moose was really understanding, as he sat in the front with the other kids. But they had the whole deal. He had 3 kid assistants. They were cut in half, shoved in tiny boxes, and constantly disappearing and reappearing in other places. They also had a huge tree house like area for the kids to play on, complete with a zip-line and big swinging bridge.

Today we were at the bro-in-law's house for a short bit, and I was practicing a duet with my niece for the upcoming family reunion talent show. I didn't know how Monkey would do while I was practicing, but apparently she went to my sis-in-law without hesitation (even leaning towards her) and eventually leaned towards my 10 year old niece to be held by her. This is quite unheard of. I was so jazzed. She played with my sis-in-law and her daughter while I was playing piano and she had a blast. It was so awesome to see her happily interacting and bonding with other people.

Monkey has been such a different kid than Moose. Moose never, to this day, had separation anxiety. Not as a baby, not ever. He'll miss us if we're gone for a while (like when he spends the night at his grandparents) but has never had anything close to classic separation anxiety. Monkey on the other hand, has had it in multiple forms. Uber-attachment to the hubs, uber-attachment to me, absolute disdain for anyone who is not me or the hubs. I so love watching her bond to our other family members. When my parents were visiting back in May, she was just starting to warm up to people other than me and the hubs. They were at our home for like 3 days. It wasn't until the last night that she happily sat on my mom's lap so I could take pics with her and my parents. She's still pretty wary of people, but it's so great to see her enjoying other people. The freedom for me isn't half bad either.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel with the seperation anxiety. Mollie starts freaking out if people even look at her. Mariah is a little better and Abram is just like Moose. I'm excited to come up there and see the kids interact now that the girls are older. Abram still remembers Moose and even asks where he is sometimes. : )

    ReplyDelete