The Mommy Chronicles. A real life, every day, look into what it's like to be a mother. The good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, and the stinky.

Friday, July 9

Super Mom...

That's what I felt like today. Yesterday we were gone all day playing at a reservoir, so by the time we got home after 9 and the comp wasn't even on, the blog had to take a break. We played on the "beach", went out on the canoe and played pirates, threw rocks from the island, tried fishing (for like 2 minutes since Moose's attention span for that is very limited), BBQ'd and had an overall busy day with no naps for either kiddo.

Now fast forward to today. This morning we were heading out to another "beach" with some friends. I spent an hour getting everything ready and the last thing to do is put sunblock on Moose's legs. I go for his first leg and his knee looks kinda big and bulbous. I thought maybe they're both that way and he's just getting big and gangly, but upon comparison, the knees are most definitely not the same size. Ultimately we went to the walk-in at the doctor's office, waited an hour, finally got in to find out he's got an allergic reaction, and I'm pretty sure she said it's infected too. He has a knee the size of a softball, and 3 other spots that are retaining fluids. So after maybe another hour getting all the doctor stuff done, we head over to our favorite super wal-mart and look for his antibiotics and other drugs he'll be needing for the next 7-10 days. At this point the kids were starving, we'd all been walking around in our swimsuits and smothered in sun block.

We finally got home, finished eating (which was mostly done in the car on our way home since it was all packed in the cooler for the beach) and got the kids to bed. Poor Moose (although he's really fine and seems so unaffected by all of this) has black lines drawn around all of his swelling and red spots for comparison tomorrow. If it's not better after 24 hours we're headed back. Ooh, and he's started to get a small rash (possibly) on his chest, which is a possible strong reaction to the antibiotic. If it's still there in the morning, we're headed back to the doctor. Yay. Holy cow, right?

So after naps, the house is a complete mess, I attempted to relax but was mostly bombarded by calls (they were all good calls and I didn't mind the talking, but I never get that many in such a small period of time) and we had Moose's buddy coming over for dinner while his parents went on a date. Ultimately that was great because he is such a sweety pie, but I felt flustered because the house was a complete disaster and I was rushing around trying to get waffles ready for dinner. The hubs came home about 2 hrs late (which was also good because we really need the hours) so I did most of the playdate solo. (Which again, wasn't bad because he's such an angel.)

Considering all that happened today, it all went surprisingly well. But I feel like I should be exhausted (while I think I am mentally exhausted by it all) and I feel like I should be less non-chalant about the whole thing. I guess it's a good thing I am though, or I'd be pulling hairs out right now, right?

The hubs told me he's so glad I've been rolling with it, because otherwise I'd be super stressed by now. I guess I'm glad I'm not super stressed either. That's no fun and really gets you nowhere. Here's to hoping the swelling goes down by 2 pm tomorrow so we don't have any more doctor's visits this week.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, good job! Take a rest tomorrow; you deserve it :) Here's hoping Moose is doing better in the morning.

    ReplyDelete